Thursday, November 17, 2011

How to Make Harvest Shaped Dinner Rolls

Don't you just love Fall?  Of all the holidays, fall for some reason makes me want to do season crafts like this wonderful dinner roll turkey.  But why stop there?  Bread dough is the perfect medium for all your harvest bread needs.


 Rhodes Bake and Serve is a great site if you are looking for something autumn-ish to both craft, display, and eat.  I will start with a link to Rhodes Bake and Serve turkey dinner rolls  because I taught eight and nine year old girls how to make them just yesterday, and they did a wonderful job.  I bought the Texas sized rolls so that the turkeys would be bigger. I can't wait to try making one for each of my Thanksgiving dinner guests.  I thought I would put a turkey on each dinner guest's plate to start the meal.  Do they still sell those alphabet noodles?  It would be fun to stick the names of each guest on their turkey with alphabet noodles so that they double as place cards.  How ever you use them, they are sure tol add fun to your family feast!
P.S. In the video, it is unclear if they are brushing butter or egg white on the turkeys.  We used egg white and it worked wonderfully.

If you are feeling extra creative, you may want to try ears of corn,
fall leaves,

or pinecones.


Fun fun fun!

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool.

    Do you get a lot of visitors/readers here?

    Do you know how to use the Google Ads Keywords tool to judge subject demand? Interested? Email me.

    Love,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete